- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 600g lamb leg steaks, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 2 brown onions, halved, cut into wedges
- 1 carrot, halved lengthways, sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, halved
- 2 tablespoons black bean sauce
- 1 tablespoon shao shing (Chinese cooking wine)
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Steamed white long-grain rice, to serve
- Combine cornflour, five spice, sugar, garlic and 1/2 the soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add lamb. Toss to coat. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Heat a wok over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry lamb mixture, in 2 batches, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
Carefully wipe wok clean.
- Heat wok over medium-high heat. Add remaining oil. Swirl to coat. Stir-fry onion, carrot and broccolini for 2 to 3 minutes or until charred and almost tender.
- Add black bean sauce, shao shing, 2 tablespoons water and remaining soy. Stir-fry for 1 minute.
- Return lamb to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through.
- Sprinkle stir-fry with green onion. Serve with steamed rice.